1. The U.S. rushed deployment of two THAADs to the SE of South Korea before their Presidential elections.
2. China balked at THAAD deployment.
3. New South Korean President suspended deployment of additional THAAD, citing environmental concerns (ridiculous).
4. JUNE 7, 2017: North Korea just launched new missile salvos, (fourth since new President Moon took over.)
5. Will the U.S. reconsider its defense of South Korea?
UPDATE: South Korea has agreed to accept more THAAD missile defense from the U.S. after another launch by North Korea on June 9. Read more at Stripes.com